Asparagus & Red Onion Tart
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
Add a few sliced cherry tomatoes too for a more filling meal.
- 1 x sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon low fat, cream cheese
- Teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bunches asparagus, stalks trimmed as required
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch LoSalt
- Pinch garlic powder/granules
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Place the ready rolled puff pastry sheet in a baking tray.
- Score around the pastry with a sharp knife – about 1 cm from the edge.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg then spread the low fat cream cheese over the base of the pastry, avoiding the outside, scored edge.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and place the washed asparagus, in a neat row on top.
- Scatter the sliced red onion on top of the asparagus and season with freshly ground black pepper, LoSalt and a pinch of garlic powder/granules.
- Brush the asparagus with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 min.
- Serve warm or cold with a big green salad.