Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Salted Nut Brittle
- Prep: 10 minutes plus setting
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Serves: 4
Prepare the day before and leave to set overnight. Store the brittle in an airtight container and break into shards just before serving.
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine (7g)
- 350ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Zest 1 lime
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ tsp LoSalt
- 275g natural yoghurt
Salted nut brittle:
- 100g caster sugar
- 25g unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 25g pistachios
- ¼ tsp LoSalt
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Place the milk, vanilla, lime zest, sugar and LoSalt in a small saucepan and heat to just below boiling point. Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and add to the milk, stir until dissolved. Cool slightly before stirring in the yoghurt.
- Pour into 4 x 200ml dariole moulds or ramekins and place in the fridge to set for 4-5 hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the brittle, place the sugar in a small saucepan and gently heat until melted and golden in colour, stir in the nuts and LoSalt. Pour out onto a tray lined with baking parchment and allow to set.
- Dip the moulds in a bowl of hot water to loosen before turning out onto plates, break the brittle into shards and serve with the panna cotta.