Best eaten on the day it was made. Add dried mixed herbs or onions for extra flavour or use plain wholemeal flour for extra fibre.
450g plain flour
1 tsp LoSalt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
2. Sieve the flour, LoSalt and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl
3. Make a well in the centre and pour in the buttermilk. Then using one hand, mix together to form a soft dough.
4. Knead for a few seconds, being careful not to over knead then roll into a ball.
5. Place on a lightly floured baking tray and flatten the dough slightly. Make a deep cross in the centre with a sharp knife.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Tap the base and if it sounds hollow the bread is done.
7. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
LoSalt Customer Service
1 Bessemer Drive
Kelvin Industrial Estate
East Kilbride, G75 0QX
+44 13552 38464
© 2020 LoSalt®. All Rights Reserved.