Delicious for breakfast, light lunch or just a snack. Feel free to substitute the tuna for bacon or mushrooms.
Drizzle of olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 sheets Filo pastry
Freshly ground black pepper
Handful fresh chopped parsley
110g can tuna fish, drained
10g grated mature cheddar cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160˚C.
2. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a hot pan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until starting to colour.
3. Next add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika. Stir and sauté for a further 2 minutes, then set aside.
4. Meanwhile, take 4 sheets of Filo pastry and cut into squares, big enough to line 6 muffin tray holes. Place 3 squares of pastry into each of the 6 holes.
5. Now, beat the eggs and season with black pepper and a pinch of LoSalt.
6. Add the sautéed onions, the chopped fresh parsley and the drained, flaked tuna fish.
7. Stir well and pour into the 6 pastry muffin holes.
8. Sprinkle on top with the grated cheese.
9. Now pop in the oven for 12-15 min until the egg is cooked and the pastry is golden.
10. Serve warm or cold.