Try using dried prunes or apricots instead of dates. Great for pack lunches.
125g pitted dates, chopped
75g unsalted butter, diced
2 tbsp dark brown soft sugar
100g golden syrup
½ tsp LoSalt
50g walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and base line an 18cm square tin.
2. Place the dates in a small bowl and pour over boiling water to cover – leave for 15 minutes then drain. Blitz with a hand held blender to give a coarse paste.
3. Meanwhile, place the butter, sugar, syrup and LoSalt in a saucepan and heat until sugar has dissolved.
4. To the liquid mix, stir in the oats and walnuts – press half of this into the prepared tin.
5. Spread over the date paste.
6. Finally, spread over the remaining oat mix, pressing down gently.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 12 slices.
LoSalt Customer Service
1 Bessemer Drive
Kelvin Industrial Estate
East Kilbride, G75 0QX
+44 (0)1355 238464
© 2020 LoSalt®. All Rights Reserved.