Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
Try swapping the pak choi for spinach.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into small chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 100g frozen peas
- 235g pak choi, thickly sliced
- Juice 1 lime
- ¼ tsp LoSalt
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
For the rice:
- 250g jasmine rice
- ½ tsp LoSalt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken and onion for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk, 100ml water and fish sauce to the pan, simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling water with the LoSalt for 10-12 minutes until tender, drain.
- Stir in the peas and the white parts of the pak choi and cook for 2-3 minutes, adding the green parts of the pak choi for the last minute until wilted.
- Off the heat, stir in the lime juice, LoSalt and most of the coriander. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the remaining coriander.