Fresh Roasted Tomato & Pepper Pasta
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- Serves: 4
Try using a combination of tomatoes such as beef, cherry and yellow cherry tomatoes for extra colour. Great with shredded roasted chicken or cooked tiger prawns for a non-vegetarian version.
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 700g tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp LoSalt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 25g pack basil
- 300g pasta shapes
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes on a large baking tray and toss in the oil, LoSalt and vinegar. Reserve a few basil leaves to garnish and shred the rest, adding it to the tray. Roast for 25 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water with a sprinkle of LoSalt according to pack instructions. Drain and return to the pan, toss in the roasted tomatoes and sprinkle over the remaining basil to serve.