Salted Caramel Brownies
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 30 - 35 minutes
- Serves: 12
To make salted caramel blondies, swap the plain chocolate for white chocolate.
- 200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 225g unsalted butter, diced
- 3 medium eggs
- 225g light brown soft sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g Carnation caramel
- ½ tsp LoSalt
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 22cm square tin.
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until just melted, remove and cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale and thickened then stir into the chocolate mixture. Mix together the flour and baking powder and gently fold into the brownie mixture. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Mix the caramel and LoSalt together and using a teaspoon, dot this over the brownie mixture. Using a knife, swirl the caramel in to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until just beginning to crack on the surface. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Cut into 12 to serve.