Bubble & Squeak
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
Lovely served topped with a poached or fried egg.
- 150g parsnips cut into quarters lengthways
- 300g floury potatoes, cut into chunks
- 250g Savoy cabbage or sprouts, sliced
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp LoSalt
- 3 tbsp plain flour (40g)
- Place the parsnips and potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, removing the parsnips after 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and roughly mash.
- Meanwhile, blanch the cabbage or sprouts for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry the parsnips for 3-4 minutes until golden, place in a food processor with the cabbage or sprouts, garlic and LoSalt and roughly chop. Stir into the mashed potato with the flour and divide into 8. Shape into flat rounds.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan and fry the bubble and squeak in 2 batches for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.