Broccoli & Asparagus on Rye
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
A delicious, healthy and gluten free snack or light meal. So tasty!!
- 8 small heads of long stem broccoli
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- Drizzle olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch LoSalt
- Start by steaming the broccoli heads and asparagus for 3-4 mins until tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the rye bread and chop the garlic cloves.
- Once the vegetables have been steamed, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and add the chopped garlic and the vegetables.
- Add some freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of Losalt.
- Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Pop the vegetables on top of the toasted rye, making sure you get all the scrummy bits of garlic out of the pan.
- Drizzle with fresh lemon juice and serve – Delicious!!