A wonderfully summery dish – aromatic deliciousness!
Drizzle olive oil
1 fennel bulb, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 leeks, sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
Sprinkle dried Italian herbs
Handful chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cod fillets
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Using a non-stick, lidded frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the sliced fennel.
2. Saute for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften.
3. Next add the crushed garlic and sliced leeks. Cook for another 5 mins.
4. Now add the tin of chopped tomatoes and a sprinkle of Italian herbs and the chopped fresh basil.
5. Place the cod fillets on top of the tomato and fennel mixture, season with freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of LoSalt.
6. Pop the lid on and let the fish steam for 8-10 mins, taking in the flavours of the fennel and garlic. The fish is cooked when it flakes with a fork easily. Delicious!